- Ensure that workplace health and safety, which were always vitally important and have become more so in the context of the pandemic, are improved by:
- Ensuring vigorous enforcement of laws providing for criminal and civil liability for corporate executives who create unsafe working conditions that result in serious injury and death. Currently, these laws are almost never enforced.
- Mandating regular inspections and monitoring of workplaces by the Ministry of Labour, with confidential worker input.
- Ensure that, for those unable to work due to illness or injury, insurance benefits are made available without delay.
- Ensure that employees are not be forced to return to work after any public health emergency without adequate safety arrangements for them and their families.